Jul 11, 2010

Baby Names

Ok so here is my dilemma... as you can see i have posted a poll about baby names (i have also text my friends who don't usually check my blog and asked their opinion and it was a tie). I keep going back and forth between the 2 and Spencer isn't being much help. He just keeps giving me the "we have 4 months to pick a name" bit and he wont give me his opinion other then he has said he likes both of those names. I love them both! So i have looked up the meanings of both the names and here's what they mean:
Evan-God is Good
Brayden-Brave
They both have good meanings so that didn't help much. His middle name will be Spencer but that also sounds good with both names (Evan Spencer Jackson or Brayden Spencer Jackson). I like the name Evan because i think its a very classic name and i have always liked it. I like to name Brayden too because its different and i don't know very many kids named that. Lexi likes both names and it depends on the day which name i think we are going to choose. I have also double checked on both my side and Spencer's side and none of our relatives have those names that i know of, which is a good thing. I am stuck... Spencer does have a point that we have a few months to decide, but its just that with Lexi there was no questions that was her name from the very beginning and with this little boy its been harder. I am just kind of ranting because i am hoping that voicing my opinions will help me to decide which one i like more...... i don't like decisions......

6 comments:

Randi said...

Sorry I never texted you back the other day. I really do love both names, but Brayden is quite popular right now and I tend not love the most popular name because I picture third grade when there were a ton of Ashley's and Jessica's in my class. But Even is such a handsome and cool name. I just love it. That's my vote for ya.

Heidi Joncas said...

I'd go with Evan. There are 4 Brayden's in my ward alone.

Brenda said...

Having worked at a preschool I was able to see which names are "trendy" and I had several Braydens in my classes. I LOVE Evan. That would get my vote for sure!

Kim and Cameron said...

Personally, I think it's good to go into the hospital with a few options to choose from. That's what we did with Cael, and once he came the name just fit him perfect. I felt the same way, but looking back it's really a decision that doesn't have to be made right away. Just alternate between the two, and eventually you'll feel which one is right.

Emily said...

Ryan and I both really like Evan, and it fits with Jackson!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! My son is named Brayden and I know 2 other Brayden's so it is a pretty popular name now- when he was born there was another Brayden just spelled different. Evan is a cute name and you don't really here many Evan's. You do have time though and they both names are cute! Good Luck!