Mar 13, 2009

6 weeks and counting...

Here's a quick update!! Spencer has been in the academy for about 3 weeks now and he is doing good. Hes having problems with shin splints but other then that he is doing really well. The 1st test he took he was 4th in the class and the second test he took he had the second highest score at 96.5% (i think... either that or 95.6%) I am very proud of him for studying so hard and doing so well! He has made a few friends that he rides home with on the weekends which is nice and saves us gas money! lol He got his uniform last week and i LOVE the way he looks in it. The shirt is a little baggy but we are going to see if G-ma Davis can take it in a little bit. This is his "formal" uniform, once he starts working at Lewis prison in buckeye he can wear a polo and his BDU's (there like tough guy cargo pants! lol jk ;-) ) Its nice getting to talk to him in the evenings but its been hard for me being by myself all week long. I've been spending a lot of time at my moms which i don't mind but they might be getting sick of me ;-)!!! lol Lexi misses him too. Almost every day on the ride home she says "we're going to go see my daddy?" and i have to remind her that hes in Tucson and she says"daddy is in Tucson ill see him later" because that's what i tell her every day! She love to talk to him on the phone too and has started telling him about her days! You can tell he really misses her! I love my husband with all of my heart and countdown the weekdays till he comes on Friday night! I miss him but I'm so proud of him for all hes doing to better our lives. I'm glad he has finally found something he truly enjoys as a career!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow it sounds like he's doing really good! Except for the shin splints, that stinks. The polos with BDUs look much better than the goofy button up shirts haha. When will he find out what unit he'll be at?

Britt said...

Hey.. it's Britt Haggard. I stop by your blog now and again.

sounds like your hubby will be working right where we live. we don't live to far from the lewis prison (sadly enough). But what a fascinating and scary job. Congrats.

if you wanna view my blog.. email me britnbrad@hotmail.com

Team Skousen said...

Hey! That is where my brother works too...he will learn a lot of life lessons in there :)

Hope you are all doing well. Your daughter is beautiful!