Feb 17, 2009

C.O.T.A.


WE FINALLY GOT THE GOOD NEWS!!! For those of you who don't know, Spencer has been testing to try and get into the AZ corrections department for a few months now. We have been waiting for about a month or so now for the call saying when he starts. We knew he had the job because he finished and passed all the testing we basically were just waiting for an opening in the academy. So one morning late last week Spencer calls me and said they called him and told him he starts on Monday February 23rd! I didn't even know what to say i was so excited but i thought we would have more time to get things ready. The good thing is we will be making more money and have good insurance right away but the bad thing is he is going to be in Tucson for 9 WEEKS!!! I am going to miss him so much while hes gone but i will be able to see him (hopefully) on the weekends! I am so excited for him to be able to do what we wants to do and have a career he enjoys!! I'm driving him down to Tucson for his training this Sunday and i will try to borrow someones camera (because ours broke) and take some pictures of the academy and his last day before his academy training! I am so proud of him for trying so hard to get a better job to support our family. I love him very much and don't know what I'm going to do without my best friend for 9 weeks! I love him with everything in me and i am so proud of what a loving and amazing husband and father he is. i know he will be very good at being a corrections officer and i am so excited for him!
I LOVE YOU SPENCER AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

4 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Congratulations! That is great news for your family. 9 weeks will go by faster than you think. And what a relief to have insurance. It is so great to go to a doctor and not have to pay an arm and a leg for service.

Brenda said...

We'll have to hang out while he's gone to make the time go by more quickly. What prison will he work at? The insurance is really awesome, it's pretty much the best you'll get anywhere.

BrendaAZ27@hotmail.com

Randi said...

That is so awesome Heather! You guys are so cute. I love your little girl. She is adorable.

Chelle said...

Hey Heather. Finally found you on here! Congratulations to you guys. That is awesome. I kinda know how you feel. Ryan is leaving June 9th for basic training for the National Guard and will be gone about 6 months. It will be extremly hard. If you need someone to talk to.. I am pretty sure i will be available